- 5+ years of full life-cycle recruiting experience
- Highly conversant with recruiting software, Excel, Outlook, Word
The Strategic Recruiting Team (SRT) focuses on building top specialized talent communities in Design and Applied Research, including Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision, Speech Recognition/Natural Language Processing, Optimization, Economics, Sustainability, Hardware, Data Science and Robotics globally at Amazon. We build teams in emerging fields and recruit senior Design and Science leaders. As a core talent function, we also develop Amazon's presence at key gatherings, drive academic relations and facilitate internal community efforts. Our efforts support Amazon's development of new businesses, such as Alexa and Amazon Go while ensuring state-of-the-art research and design are at the forefront of Amazon's more mature organizations.
We are seeking a Senior Recruiter for the newly formed Visiting Scientists Program. The Visiting Scientists program is a program aimed at enabling junior university professors to work on large-scale and high-impact technical challenges at Amazon without leaving their academic institution. The program is designed for talented junior assistant and associate level academics from universities around the globe to join Amazon as part-time employees or for limited-term engagements. We believe that Amazon is a unique place to measure the impact of new scientific ideas, given our scale and our ownership of both an information infrastructure (e.g., customer data) and a physical infrastructure (e.g., fulfillment centers). The Visiting Science Program gives academics an opportunity to test and apply research methods in practice and innovate in ways that benefit customers and improves Amazon’s ability to hire, develop, and retain world-class talent.
The Senior Recruiter for the University Hubs initiative will drive these efforts globally:
Success in this role looks like:
- Partner with program manager for Scholars and Visiting Scientists to assess and cultivate Amazon Scholars prospects
- Work with broad array of stakeholders to manage Academic Scholar requests for each hub
- Drive the exploration and negotiation processes for senior academic candidates
- Own communication on Visiting Scientists hiring progress with customers internally and external academic community
- Identify stakeholders and share relevant information on upcoming events and important recruiting trends including metrics
- Ability to build relationships and assess candidates
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks and projects autonomously
- Excellent judgment, discretion and sensitivity when dealing with high profile executives inside or outside the company, and confidential information
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions; understand when to take ownership of a decision and when to involve other parties
- Reacts with appropriate levels of urgency and tenacity to situations that require quick response or turnaround
- Thinks ahead and troubleshoots; removes obstacles before they become problems
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Remains focused and calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and strong negotiation and closing experience
This person will operate in a complex, international, fast paced environment, where customer experience is paramount and juggling conflicting demands against tight deadlines is the norm.
- Executive search experience
- Exposure to project/program management methodologies
- Exposure to academic talent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.