EQ-Games (www.eq-games.com) has expanded to Midtown Atlanta and is looking for an experienced Art Director to help lead the development of a visual style and identity for our upcoming title made in Unreal Engine. This job will be full-time and is an onsite or remote position. However, onsite is highly preferred.
We are currently working on an unannounced online 3rd person shooter made in the Unreal Engine (PC, Xbox Series X/S, PS5)
EQ-Games is a well-funded videogame development studio, with a commitment to high quality, technically impressive games that people are proud to put on their resumes!
What You Will Do:
- Help create an "Art Bible" to establish a cohesive look for the game, including making sure all current assets work together.
- Be responsible for overseeing the team in charge of the creation of in-game models, materials, environments, lighting, and animations.
- Work with experienced 3d modelers, animators, coders, and designers in creation of a AAA-quality PS5/Xbox/PC game.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years working as a creative lead or similar role for films or games
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency of art fundamentals
- Experience with a modern 3D software package (Maya, 3DStudioMax, etc)
- Understanding of UV layout techniques
- Understanding topology for animation and how to best build a mesh for deformations
- Ability to produce photorealistic models and textures
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Experience sculpting in Zbrush, Blender, or Mudbox
- Thorough understanding of character art pipelines with a strong interest in furthering next gen techniques
- Ability to work and multitask under AAA-gaming timelines
- Excellent communication skills, enjoys working on a team and teaching others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Great work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 art production pipelines
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Perforce
- Animation experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
We are happy to make whatever accommodations that would make you comfortable. Currently, all team members are seated considerable distance apart. Office environment is highly ventilated. Mask usage is left up to the individual.
- Please post a link to your portfolio here:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location