For more than 30 years, the Virginia Lottery has been building an amazing organization committed to growth and giving back and having fun while doing it. We work hard to build authentic relationships with all Virginians by communicating with them in relevant, unique and surprising ways. Operating entirely on revenue from game sales, rather than tax dollars, the Virginia Lottery generates approximately $1.6 million per day for Virginia’s K-12 public schools.
The Virginia Lottery is currently seeking an Application Developer to join our Information Technology Services Department.
The Application Developer will analyze, design, code, and test systems supporting a variety of Lottery business functions. Duties also include: providing project estimates and troubleshooting production problems quickly and effectively. Additional responsibilities include participating in the agile process, designing, and writing programs of a technical or complex nature; analyzing user requirements; encoding, testing, debugging, and providing documentation of programs; and revising and updating programs and documentation as required. Requires the ability to follow logic to develop complex applications along with good problem-solving skills.
Supports Maintenance and New Development of all Business applications:
– Assists in the day-to-day maintenance of web, and business applications including, but not limited to application enhancements and database changes
– Tests and transitions newly developed code as a fully integrated and functional system
– Revises and updates programs and documentation as required
– Turns over completed and tested code to QA
Provides Solution Development and Design Assistance:
– Provides solution development assistance through the creation of component code and databases, building application programs, documentation, and unit and load testing
– Provides solution design assistance in both application development as well as data schemas
The person selected for this position will have:
– Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
– 5+ years of experience in development of web-based software, components and services using Microsoft .NET and familiarity with other web development technologies
– Service Oriented Architecture, web services, WCF
– Broad design expertise for application, integration and technology solutions
– Familiarity of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to technical needs
– Understanding of web application security principles and best practices
– Strong analytical, programming and communication skills
- Ability to follow logic to develop complex applications and good problem-solving skills
– Experience working both independently and within a team framework
– Experience in setting and meeting project schedules
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong written and verbal skills
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Preferred qualifications include:
– Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations experience
– Dynamics CRM 365 experience
– SharePoint online development and administration experience
The selected candidate will be required to pass a background investigation.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Virginia Lottery is an independent state agency, and as such all positions are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act, as well as most Executive Branch human resources policies. The Virginia Lottery is a fun place to work and values diversity in the workforce. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Virginia Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only online applications completed in their entirety will be accepted for this position. To apply, please visit us at https://valottery.com/aboutus/employment
The Virginia Lottery will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact the Virginia Lottery’s Human Resources Department at 804-692-7000
Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of candidates is received. After 5 business days, this position may be closed at any time.
Name Human Resources