Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst with strong requirements gathering skills and superior end-user interaction skills. The successful candidate will analyze requirements in business processes through requirements elicitation, solutions identification, risk analysis, and collaboration across IT teams in a Scrum Agile Development environment. The successful candidate will develop use cases with acceptance test criteria, develop user stories from approved use cases and government change requests, and facilitate backlog grooming and sprint planning meetings. work closely with end-users to understand any applications issues they may be experiencing, convey this to our development team, and validate fixes with end-users.
The position requires working onsite at Arlington National Cemetery at least one day per week, and ability to work remotely the remainder of the week.
Specific tasks may include the following:
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst.
- Experience with identifying and assessing customer needs.
- Experience with requirements gathering and analyzing data to determine solutions for issues.
- Experience with presenting recommendations to product owners based on findings.
- Experience using Agile Scrum.
- Experience in distilling complex business processes into clear and actionable user stories with thorough acceptance criteria.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal direction.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills to successfully interact with clients, engineers, and managers.
- Bachelors Degree in related field. Four years of experience can be added in place of Bachelors degree.
- Experience writing use cases.
- Experience with Agile requirements management tools.
- Experience facilitating Scrum meetings (e.g., Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning meetings) as well asl user joint application design meetings with end users.
- Experience interacting with end users on their issues using software systems and training end users of proper use of software systems.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance; active Secret clearance is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ certification within 3 months of start date; active Security+ is preferred.
- Experience testing software systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Myer, VA 22211: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Position with Arlington National Cemetery requires U.S. citizenship. Please confirm that you are a U.S. citizen.
- Is your salary requirement less than $120,000 per year?
- Business analysis: 4 years (Required)
- Testing software systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Case development in agile scrum environment: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fort Myer, VA 22211