Pediatrics 2000 is a physician-owned group practice and Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home located in the Washington Heights/West Harlem neighborhoods of New York City. Our team is focused on bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the health concerns of inner-city children and adolescents implementing an art-based health literacy model delivering community medicine to urban youth and families.
Our medical providers are dedicated to offering high-quality care for our patients in an efficient, culturally sensitive manner. Satisfying our patient's needs is our top priority and every one of our staff members plays an important part in this process
POSITION: Medical Receptionist/ Referral Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Front Office/ Reception
LOCATION: 3332 Broadway / 515 W. 207 St.
REPORT TO: Front Desk Supervisor
The medical receptionist is responsible for completing duties and functions of the medical front office area. He or she must ensure that tasks assigned to them are completed in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner. This includes inputting of patient data, answering and triaging incoming phone calls, and maintaining the medical records department according to the legal requirements, among other duties as assigned by supervisor. The receptionist is required to work in a team and independently all the while providing quality service.
The referral coordinator is expected to maintain the referral database, always ensuring to complete and distribute referrals in a timely manner. He or she is in charge of providing patients with the appropriate information regarding specialist visits. Also, the coordinator is expected to follow up with facilities in order to obtain consultation notes when applicable.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry
- Greet and assist patients in a courteous and proper manner
- Respond to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of patient information and insurance documentation
- Thoroughly verify patient eligibility to collect copay/deductible when applicable, always noting existing balance and billing alerts
- Maintains office files and front-desk areas in a neat and organized manner
- Assist in the appropriate training of all front desk employees, including new staff and for long-term staff who will be taking on specific responsibilities.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and standards.
- Address patients’ (local and international) and organizations’ (hospitals, ACS, lawyers, SSI etc.) requests and inquiries in a timely and organized manner
- Refer patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel
- Maintain the referral department by managing cases in a timely and organized manner.
- Perform other duties as may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Wear masks, take temperature upon arrival, vaccine requirement, fill out daily health screen.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations