The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services cost‐effectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect. the
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Property Manager the Receptionist/Office Assistant is responsible for performing a wide range of office tasks in support of the property operations. Task include managing: receiving, recidents, guests, vendors, potential residents, etc. at the front desk. The Receptionist/Office Assistant will answer the phones, handle resident requests and provide office support.
- Answer telephones, receive messages and screen
- Respond to emergency situations if alone or as directed/needed by Property Manager
- Handle all resident inquiries or requests according to policy and/or procedures
- Make out work orders for apartments or complex repairs and file paperwork
- Enforce building policies and House
- Provide relief for office staff
- Handout letters, rent receipts,etc.
- Other office support tasks as assigned
- Ability to get along with a diverse array of people in different capacities
- Professional telephone
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent
- Diplomatic and able to set professional boundaries and firm limits
- Ability to work as a team player, yet independently, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of property management desireable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to provide superior service with excellent verbal and communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
The John Stewart Company (“JSCo”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. San Francisco ONLY: JSCo will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance. Oakland ONLY: Section 3 candidates will be given priority at Section 3 properties.
Los Angeles City ONLY: JSCo will consider applicants with a criminal history in compliance with the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Ordinance.