Full Job Description
LEGOLANDDiscovery Center Chicago, 601 N Martingale Rd #130
Schaumburg, Illinois, 60173
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago!
We offer flexible opportunities, in a totally unique environment. We know this is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it…click here to see us in action!
About The Role
As a Team Merlin Guest Experience Host, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guests. Working in a variety of positions across the attraction, you will drive repeat visits by delivering the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, and product knowledge. You will ensure that our guests are receiving optimal fun by connecting with them in a magical, fun, and safe environment.
By submitting one application, you will be considered for all available Guest Experience Host positions.
- Available positions include Admissions, Ride Operators, and Entertainment.
The most qualified candidates will be invited to our attraction for a pre-qualification session and interview. We cannot guarantee that all of the Guest Experience Host positions will still be available at the time of your interview.
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive, and passionate approach to Guest Service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
- Seeks out guest contact and displays enthusiasm and boundless amounts of fun energy.
- Ensure our extended queue lines are managed in a safe way while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
- Ensure the highest standards of accurate and efficient cash handling procedures while monitoring guest flow during transactions
- To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Fun, dynamic, and friendly personality.
- Cash handling experience.
- Excellent communication, listening, and motivational skills.
- Able to work in areas with loud noises and confined spaces
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Previous experience in service industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About The Benefits
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us are the outstanding opportunities for career development within our exciting, global organization.
- Flexible hours
- 30% discount in the retail store
- Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions worldwide
- Competitive 401K
- Discounts through the Merlin Marketplace Website – on almost anything you buy online
- Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
- 30% discount at Skechers.com and Skechers stores
- FUN working environment and much more!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.