We are a multi-state law firm and nationwide collection agency looking for an Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include posting payments, entering costs, processing invoices and preparing reports. You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. You should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- High competency in Excel
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree minimum
Review after 90 days, we offer medical/dental/vision benefits and paid holidays. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)