We are looking for an outstanding Senior Legal Counsel to join our expanding Legal team to help support our rapidly growing Ad Sales business. This person will be based in our offices in New York City.
The Products and Services Legal Group supports our R&D, Premium, Ad Sales, and Marketing organizations. As Senior Counsel for Spotify you will partner with and provide legal guidance to our Advertising Sales business across a wide range of stakeholders on a global basis. Our products and agreements are cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Review, draft and manage a wide range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to advertising and marketing agreements, business development deals, and licenses
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes that help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Provide full-lifecycle support on product development initiatives from engineering phase to full go-to-market launch
- Work closely with our business teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively (pro-tip: jargon-free!) and help them synthesize legal frameworks in developing their business strategies
- Advise our teams about relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Provide support to other legal and business teams globally on an as-needed basis
- Prior management experience
- J.D., LLM (or equivalent), with admission to at least one bar (or qualification for Registered In-house counsel in NY)
- 10+ years of experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Substantial experience working in legal frameworks applicable to online advertising, internet, media, and mobile technologies
- Expertise in global privacy regulations and frameworks
- Previous experience partnering with wide range of stakeholders on a global basis
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.