Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a Data Scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve aerospace mission solutions. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help military leaders make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in aerospace mission solutions.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience with one or more scripting or scientific languages, including Java, Python, C++, or R in a professional work or academic environment
- Experience with developing statistical and simulation models
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Access
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Big Data programming technologies, including Hadoop, MapReduce, Accumulo, Cassandra, HBase, R, Mahout, Pig, and Hive
- Experience with applying various machine learning techniques and comprehending the key parameters that affect their performance
- Experience with one or more natural language processing topics, including tagging, syntactic parsing, word sense disambiguation, topic modeling, such as contextual text mining, and application of deep learning to NLP
- Experience with developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes and the use of baselines
- Ability to determine cause and effect relationships accurately
- Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, CS, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field preferred; PhD degree a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.