Founded in 1992, MTEQ is a woman-owned business that provides superior Technical Services and Rapid Prototyping support to Government and commercial customers. We have more than 25 years of specialized experience in system development, electronics fabrication, and full-scale tactical prototyping, and systems integration for a variety of defense and commercial applications. MTEQ maintains a high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, process improvement, goal attainment, and the recruitment and development of a superior workforce.
MTEQ is seeking a Jr. Software Developer with extensive knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Lorton, VA Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
MTEQ is seeking a highly motivated individual who has skills in a myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. Primary responsibilities will be enhancing and maintaining a RESTful web enabled software solution for a sophisticated radar system. Such an individual will be responsible for developing software utilizing SOAs (Service Oriented Architectures) built upon protocols, standards and interfaces (e.g., Google Protobuf, XML, XSD, SSL, TLS, TCP/IP) to facilitate interoperability between code modules. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction and will be required to work closely with hardware and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS degree
- One-Three (1-3) years experience developing software in Java and C++ for actual programs/projects (i.e. academic ok)
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and implementing RESTful Web Services and SOAs utilizing protocols, standards and interfaces such as Google Protobufs, XML, XSD, SSL, TLS, TCP/IP
- Experience/expertise implementing mathematical solutions in MATLAB
- Affinity to produce and perform in an R&D (Research & Development) environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Create, refine and adhere to formal software development processes
- Develop software documentation, including user manuals and release notes
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience/expertise designing, developing and implementing applications using Vert.x
- Experience/expertise designing, developing and implementing applications using NoSQL database solutions (e.g., OrientDB)
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs
- Experience/expertise employing complex data types (e.g., queues, stacks, maps, dictionaries, lists, vectors, iterators, sets)
- Experience/expertise employing industry accepted programming constructs/practices (e.g., MVC [Model/View/Controller], thread pools, abstract class implementations, unit testing, concurrency)
- Experience/expertise with various IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, Emacs), code repository software (e.g., Subversion, git), software project management and collaboration solutions (e.g., Redmine, Trac, & JIRA), and bug reporting/tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, Tuleap) and automated testing frameworks (e.g., BuildBot & Jenkins)
- Experience/expertise with various programming and scripting languages (e.g., C#/.NET, C and/or Python)
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience
- Hardware and software system integration experience/expertise
Ability to obtain Security clearance preferred. Active Security Clearance a plus
MTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 2 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.