AIM Aerospace Orange City Operations is excited to add two new Manufacturing Engineers who will work as Engineers assigned to new projects and programs.
AIM continues to win new high tech, complicated, and technical work from major aerospace customers and needs strong engineers to lead the engineering in new product development.
Our Orange City facility is well known in Aerospace manufacturing, our work environment is extremely clean, climate-controlled, and a family friendly but determined and driven culture.
General Position Summary:
Responsible for new product development and induction of complex composite parts.
The position includes coordination with engineering manager, program manager, customer, design, manufacturing, NC programming, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, industrial engineers, procurement, planning and other support procurement organizations until the full realization of the product cycle is realized.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- The manufacturing engineer technical focal for new assigned products and liaison representative to program management, customer and upper management.
- Provides feedback to management of program risks and opportunities.
- Individual develops solutions to wide range of complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Capable of developing plans and strategy in support of new products, including development and tracking of schedule, action items, industrialization and plans.
- This includes logistics plan of tooling, jigs, vacuum fixtures, shop aids, inspection fixtures, NC programming, process qualifications, work instructions, BOM and methods.
- Full understanding of manufacturing process and activities related to the implementation of complex composite parts.
- Identifies new manufacturing processes, methods and equipment required to meet the product specifications and quality standards. Provides feedback to manufacturing engineers of specific product requirements.
- Responsible to validating manufacturing efficiency meets or exceed the RFQ cost and productivity targets.
- Develops process controls required to ensure quality standards are met. Including preparing program reports.
- Capable of evaluating and/or developing product flow, assembly methods and
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen Events and capable of running a cross functional meeting.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
- Coordinates and tracks new equipment logistics and installation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
- Skilled in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, project
- Epicor experience or equivalent ERP system
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills; able to prepare technical documents to be sent to customers.
- Proficient in Inventor, Pro-e, Solid Works, or other 3-Dimensional CAD system.
This job has coordination responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8+ years.
Non-degree applicants 15+ years’ minimum experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in this job description.
US Resident or Citizen
Preferred College Degree
Has Strong Leadership Skills
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- Orange City, IA (Preferred)