SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY Employees in the Maintenance Department who occupy jobs as Coach Cleaners, Janitors and Truck Drivers are in the classification of Labor Pool. The Coach Cleaner is responsible for keeping the Authority's vehicles in a clean and presentable condition. They will clean both the interiors and exteriors of COTA's buses as well as replenishing supplies in coaches and in work areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans interior of vehicle, using broom, cloth, mop, vacuum cleaner, and whisk broom.
- Periodically washing all interior surfaces with soap and water as required.
- Cleans windows with water, cleansing compounds, and cloth or chamois.
- Cleaning up and removing trash and debris from coaches and surrounding work area.
- Replenishes sanitary supplies in vehicle compartments.
- Cleans exterior of vehicle by operating coach washing machine and driving coaches through washer.
- Manually washing exterior of coaches including windows and wheels. Removes dust, grease, and oil from exterior surfaces of vehicles, using steam-cleaning equipment, or by spraying or washing vehicles, using spraying equipment, brush or sponge.
- May polish exterior of vehicle.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and shampooing coaches including unsanitary coach cleaning. May fumigate interior of vehicle, using fumigating gases or sprays.
- Moving coaches within premises and parking buses in their proper locations.
- May move coaches between facilities during declared emergency situations or fueling buses at different locations.
- Proper use of the Authority's equipment, materials and supplies and must notify management of any defects.
- Must be able to work nights, weekend, and holidays; must work overtime as required.
- Under general guidelines, performing the necessary general truck driving duties when truck driver is off and also perform duties as Service Technician as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED);
- Must have 2 years of experience in general maintenance, janitorial and/or Automotive cleaning and detailing;
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions, follow oral instructions, change work priorities as directed, work in a fast-paced environment, work independently, and complete work assignments in a timely manner;
- Must obtain a Temporary Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements prior to your start date. Must obtain the Regular Class B CDL with Passenger and Airbrake endorsement within your first 6 months of employment;
- Must become thoroughly familiar with the operation of the Labor Pool and its relationship to the requirements of the Authority. Must be able to learn the position of Service Technician (fueling coaches, minor maintenance, etc.) and perform these duties as required;
- Must be able to respond to calls outside of regular hours and help in the department in which they are qualified to help;
- Compliance with the general rules, policies, and regulations of the Authority, including safety rules;
- Must be physically able to use and/or utilize any designated safety equipment, as designated by the Authority or statute;
- Taking care of and completing records and paper work required for work he/she performs;
- Must be able to use computers and diagnostic equipment applicable to their job assignments;
- Perform training of other employees as required by the Authority;
- Must be responsible for maintaining his/her work area, and Authority property in a safe, clean and professional manner, i.e. clean up the work area after completing work assignments and remove debris, scrap, trash and consumable from the area and dispose of items appropriately;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently. Ability to walk/stand for the majority of your shift. Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the position; outlined in the job task analysis (JTA). JTA would be received during interview process;
- Ability to work in an environment with temperature changes, humidity changes, fumes/gases, chemicals, noise and wet conditions;
- Must wear safety glasses, gloves and steel toe boots as required. (Please note: previous candidates; there is no longer a pre-employment mechanical aptitude test for this position)
- Self-Management, self-directed, innovative, results oriented
- Communication effectiveness – oral and written
- Timely, effective decision making
- Organizational Skills – strong time management, effective work processes
- Personal Competencies – demonstrates COTA values, reliable, dependable, flexible