This is for a locally based person and is not a relocation position.
Want to work for a company that has been named one of the Top 100 Companies to work for in the state of Oregon five times in the past seven years? IDI has that distinction and more...
- Summary of Position Geographic responsibility for state of Washington with primary focus on the Seattle area(shared).
- Grow company revenue and profitability via effective management of the sales cycle – from prospecting to selling to closing Grow current accounts by developing a “trusted adviser” relationship with key decision makers
- Identify, develop and pursue new business opportunities through strategic prospect planning
- Timely follow up on leads and weekly reporting via the lead tracking tool.
- Increase sales for existing accounts by selling all IDI services, new products and customer specific solutions
- Lead sales discussions to establish credibility with prospects through an understanding of their business issues and present logical, economically beneficial solutions
- Establish and foster close working relationships with customers towards continued growth and market share with each customer
- Responsible for planning and executing annual volume and revenue increase of 60% new business and 40% current customer business. This may be modified by the Director of Sales & Marketing based on territory
- Maximize cross-selling opportunities by working with Directors of Highway Services, Intermodal and Cartage on customer strategies and solutions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting – lead tracking, sales pipeline, revenue projections.
- Develop a weekly sales call plan that focuses on business development then account maintenance and growth
- Monitor current customer accounts to watch for trends, volume changes and opportunities
- Maintain close involvement with accounts to proactively identify additional opportunities and competitive threats.
- Develop relationships and rapport with the company’s suppliers domiciled within their territory
- Assist management in calling on national accounts within the assigned territory.
- Actively use, audit and manage your customer information, meeting notes, etc. in CRM
- Execute a territory plan aimed at identifying the top regional/industry opportunities and expanding business to both new and existing accounts
- Provide assistance to accounting regarding collections and payment issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and /or Experience
- Direct experience in the transportation/logistics industry
- Requires five years in a responsible sales position
- College degree preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry – OTR, Intermodal & Local Trucking
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing a sales territory
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus - Unlimited
- Car Allowance
- Business Expense Account
- Generous Benefits Program
Job Type: Full-time