Phoenix Technology Services USA Inc. is a progressive and innovative Directional Drilling Company. Driven by our client’s needs, we are committed to providing more efficient and cost-effective drilling operations.
We have openings for two Well Planners based out of our Houston, TX location. Reporting to the Well Planning Manager, The Well Planner provides technical information and support to marketing personnel in the form of initial well plans, plots and completion reports used in quoting on and planning directional and horizontal drilling services. This individual generates a plan view and graphical presentation of the directional profile.
Responsibilities also include:
- Develop initial well plans for quotes to customers by inputting geological, geographical and drilling target data into well planning software.
- Build plans and plots based on customer-supplied parameters and department database and forward to Technical Marketing Representatives and Operations Department for use by Field personnel in performing directional and horizontal drilling services.
- Create anti-collision reports and monitor center-to-center distances as well as separation factors for real-time close-approach drilling situations.
- Prepare morning surveys and updates, distribute to client representatives, marketing representatives, and Operations Coordinators.
- Perform a feedback service for Field personnel, for addressing down-hole issues and problems as they develop.
- Periodically assist Technical Marketing Representatives in addressing technical issues raised by potential and existing customers.
- Receive well completion data from Field personnel, generate completion reports and drawings with end of well reports and submit to Technical Marketing Representatives.
- Continuously build the Company’s internal job information database as a tool for future initial well planning and plotting.
- Maintain a computerized backup system to ensure information can be retrieved.
- Update customers based on the customer’s information needs through fax or e-mail as to the status of drilling operations; respond to customer queries as required.
- Maintain a 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Assist other departments with various projects when time permits.
- Perform all duties so as to meet the responsibilities listed in the Employee and Corporate HSE Handbooks.
- Perform duties according to the Company’s quality system procedures and work instructions.
The successful candidate will have Well Planning experience and a technical or mathematical degree. They will be a detail oriented individual with solid organization, communication and computer skills. Landmark's Compass experience or equivalent is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have previous experience in Oil and Gas Well Planning?
- Oil and gas well planning: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location