Performs Human Resources administrative duties in support of the hotel's programs and philosophies. In this role, the individual will be responsible for employee assistance and serving as the initial contact for Human Resources related matters. This is the primary contact for employees’ routine inquiries regarding employment and payroll issues. Escalate serious matters to supervisors as needed. This position will support the Director of Human Resources and Recruiting, Benefits, and Training functions. This position requires consistent adherence to policies and procedures of the department as outlined in the Biltmore Standard Operating Procedures (BSOP’S).
- Process all pre-employment testing (i.e background checks, drug testing, references, etc.).
- Ensure all termination paperwork is properly completed (i.e. checklist, return of uniforms, exit interview, etc.).
- Properly handle employee requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation as needed.
- Establish, maintain and update files as necessary.
- Knowledgeable of all health and welfare benefits plans.
- Ensure all paperwork directed to Payroll is delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for submitting Miami Dade Transit orders and payment on a monthly basis.
- Organize and assist with onboarding new hires with appropriate paperwork.
- Assist with planning employee recreational, social and sports activities (Above & Beyond, Holiday Party, etc.).
- Distribute birthday cards for signatures and mail out.
- Maintain a tracking of employees interested in the New American Workforce Citizenship Program and schedule meeting with representative when appropriate.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all information.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, name tags, and any other requests.
- Participate in Training, including new employee orientation, as necessary.
- Retrieve and distribute Human Resources mail and packages daily.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Maintain all tracking systems (i.e. new hire checklist, I-9 tracker, fitness membership, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Support scheduling for all HR areas such as, training, benefits, and recruitment.
- Issue paperwork to all new hires and coordinate start date with managers.
- Enter all new hire records into payroll system and complete new hire PAFS.
- Update and maintain communication boards.
- Responsible for all cafeteria event decorations.
- Verify valid I-9 documents and conduct an audit on a systematic basis.
- Conduct all employee requests (i.e address change, direct deposit, shoes for crews order, etc.)
Experience and Education Required
High school diploma is required. In the process or completed degree in Human Resources, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Business or equivalent education and/or experience preferred
6 months – 2 years in Human Resources or an Administrative Role experience required
Previous luxury hotel experience and knowledge preferred
- Must be able to:
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee information and pertinent resort data.
- Use a computer keyboard and possess basic typing skills.
- Possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Adept to multitasking.
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced problem solving capabilities
- Team Player
- Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
- Listens carefully and works well with others
- Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
- Guest Focused
- Anticipates guests’ needs and is sensitive to people from all cultures
- Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach
- Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with internal and external guests.
- Delivers their Best
- Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
- Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work more efficiently
- Always looks their best and acts appropriately (e.g. approaching guests, body language, and eye contact)
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrates maturity and ability to cope with the unexpected
- Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the highest standards
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Excellent records of attendance and punctuality
- Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and trust
- Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities. Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.