YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as a Purchasing Manager now and drive a new type of hospitality experience at IAH – George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. And because our people drive our experiences, we offer some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purchasing Manager negotiates with vendors and business partners for the purchase of all food and beverage products, supplies, equipment, and services used by OTG Management in all locations. The position works with Terminal Directors in all airports and includes extensive travel.
- In conjunction with Director of Supply Chain, negotiates with vendors for food products, goods and servies, negotiating the best possible price, delivery and service guarantee
- Coordinates negotiations with Supply Chain to assure national program compliance and avoid any conflicts
- Works with Director of Supply Chain to develop new supply sources when needed
- Ensures and obtains current Certificate of Insurance for all business partners
- Examines bids and places orders
- Establishes account/credit and negotiates payment terms in conjunction with Supply Chain and Accounting
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period
- Ensures finance and budget rules are followed
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Works closely with Storeroom to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Traces delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and sanitation regulations
- Complies with safety policies and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Communicates with Regional Controllers, Corporate Controller, Supply Chain Director, and Terminal Director on order status, issues backlogs, and inventories
- Compares deliveries to invoices and approves for payment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree, in a business related area
- Negotiating skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with crewmembers and management at all levels of the organization and the external contacts, vendors, and business partners
- Excellent written skills
- Inventory skills
- Solid decision making skills
- 5 years of purchasing experience in the food and beverage industry
- Ability to clear complete background check and obtain airport badge