Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown’s cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
To oversee and coordinate all night time front desk and audit functions, execute computer maintenance requirements, and ensure all financial transactions for the day are verified and balanced.
- Preparation of daily reports and distribution as directed.
- Accurate preparation of VIP, complimentary, house use rooms, and out of order lists.
- Conduct back up procedures for Epitome and drop tape nightly.
- Handling Express checkouts ensuring their completion.
- Completion of third shift Night Audit checklist
- Balancing of daily postings and revenue.
- Ensure adequate communication the following morning to all necessary departments by communicating through “Wrap-Up” emails.
- Understanding of all front office standards and assist in solving deficiencies.
- Documenting errors made by cash handling auditors.
- Prepare In-house allowance and adjustment spreadsheets each day.
- Prepare and send out the DAR to appropriate team members.
- Balancing of daily posting and revenue, and resolution of inaccuracies.
- Ensuring nightly transmission of credit cards through IPU and Epitome.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies.
- To be a main liaison between guest and the hotel.
- To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to front office SOP’s.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with PBX Operator duties.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and Alarm System in the PBX department.
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively adhering to the service recovery process.
- To be thoroughly knowledgeable of all Front and PBX Moments of Service scenarios, and execute to standard.
- Be familiar with all systems and equipments as related to the Front Office (EPITOME, Nucleus, GoConcierge, Synergy, Vingcard Vision, Two-Way Radio Dispatch, ISD Firepanel)
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, Frequent Flyer Mileage Program, Laundry Services, and Omni Kids Program)
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Concierge Lounge, Outdoor Pool, Meeting Space, Parking Garage)
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- To be familiar with local attractions and businesses (to include Charlotte Athletic Club, Museums, Restaurants, BOA Plaza, Epicenter, Malls)
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Familiarity with parking validation procedures and Good Night’s Rest Policy
- Effectively operate computer, printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, facsimile machine, two-way radio
- Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Must have strong communication, computer and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior guest service experience required, preferably hotel front office experience
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.