This is a contract position for our client in the natural gas industry. This position can require up to 75% travel time throughout the US. An undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety & Health is required. Certification in safety (CSP) and experience in the natural gas industry is preferred.
Reporting to the Manager – Safety US Gas Maintenance Projects West, this position will develop, implement, andsupport continual improvement of effective safety programs within US Gas Projects Organization focused on facility andpipeline maintenance. The role will provide technical expertise to influence the design and delivery of safety plans andprograms, to mitigate safety risk related to projects and will assist with field verification of conformance to applicableprocedures. The position will support the company core value of safety and promote safety culture to strive for zerosafety incidents.
- Understand safety legislation, policy, procedure and practices;
- Apply corporate safety practices, policies and procedures;
- Serve as a technical resource to the Maintenance Projects management team
- Review and provide guidance and training on new or modified safety policies, processes or procedures
- Identify and assess the safety risks around facilities, processes, equipment and materials associated with projectactivities
- Develop safety management/site‐specific plans and participate in project and program meetings
- Conduct specific audits of contractor safety performance on project sites
- Work with Operations personnel and project managers to impart the knowledge and skills necessary torecognize hazards associate with project activities
- Provide input to work process design and implementation, hazard reviews and risk assessments
- Provide input and assistance to incident investigations and reports
- Identify and maintain safety documentation and records to meet project requirements and provide data fordecision making and continual improvement
- Frequent travel for meetings, training and project sites visits throughout continental US.
Qualifications and EducationQualifications:
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and across business unit organizations
- Effective communication, writing and speaking skills are essential
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations for a variety of audiences
- Leadership skills to act as a role model, promoting a positive influence on the work of others throughdemonstration of technical expertise and effective interpersonal skills
- The ability to work / liaise with government regulators on issues identified at Compnay's Project sites
- Formal training in the areas of investigation, root cause analysis, and management system audits is required
Education / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety and Health;
- 8+ years of progressive safety related work experience; gas pipeline experience preferred
- Certification in safety (CSP) is preferred
Job Type: Contract
- Natural Gas Industry: 4 years (Preferred)
- Progressive Safety Related: 8 years (Required)
- Do you have a current Safety Professional Certification?