This position is located in the Regional Marketing Office at the downtown San Diego Broadway Complex and reports to the Regional Fleet & Family Readiness (FFR) Marketing Program Manager. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the management, planning, budgeting, administration and technical direction of comprehensive commercial sponsorship and advertising sales for FFR programs throughout the States of California and Nevada.
This position is located in the Regional Marketing Office at the downtown San Diego Broadway Complex and reports to the Regional Fleet & Family Readiness (FFR) Marketing Program Manager. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the management, planning, budgeting, administration and technical direction of comprehensive commercial sponsorship and advertising sales for FFR programs throughout the States of California and Nevada. Provides for adequate staffing, effective training, guidance and supervision of a regional sponsorship team. Actively liaisons with business, non-profit and governmental communities to cultivate relationships for the solicitation and negotiation of commercial sponsorship and advertising sales agreements. Serves as the subject matter expert on sponsorship and advertising sales legal restrictions and military instructions. Drafts sponsorship agreements and works closely with the Regional OGC to ensure legal obligations are met. Coordinates staff actions to fulfill sponsorship considerations, advertising proof of performance, after-action reports, invoicing, accounting and records retention within regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Not required - Not Required
- Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
- Advertising Managers
- Managers, Advertising
Conditions of Employment
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National
- This is a designated position and Random Drug Testing required
- Minimum four years of progressively responsible sponsorship or fundraising experience with a proven track record in management, coordination and administration. Sales experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising or sales with documentation of $25,000 or more from one source. Knowledge of principles and practices of event management and professional fundraising
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the expertise and acumen to originate promotional materials, presentations, proposals, contracts, legal agreements, reports; and to work with military and civilian media and military protocol.
- Must be an experienced, positive supervisor, leader and consensus builder who is able to influence the actions of others in obtaining cooperation and assistance to meet operational goals.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience and confidence with public speaking including results-oriented phone solicitation.
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to organize workload to meet many long- and short-term deadlines
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Four-year degree in fundraising , philanthropy, non-profit management, marketing, business/public administration or a related field OR applicable combination of education and experience.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applications are carefully reviewed and evaluated for qualification requirements which are based on job requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) in the position description (PD).
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Drug test required
- Required Documents
- Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree)
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a complete copy of sponsor’s orders. NF-3 and below.
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Comprehensive benefits package available (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.