San Diego, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
No –Teleworking not available for this position
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Manager Level 2, Digital Engineer, in the Engineering and Sciences function within the Western region. The selected candidate will be a section manager in the Software and Digital Technologies (SWDT) organization in San Diego, California.
This position includes 80% direct contributions to an on-going San Diego based program and 20% management responsibility for 15-20 individual contributors and project leaders. The selected candidate will providing contributions to hiring and retaining people and updating processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of programs for San Diego Digital Technologies.
execution of assigned statements of work; provide functional oversight and contributions to bid and proposal inputs for future work, independent technical reviews of major programs and R&D; establish and maintain the discipline specific processes and tools for NGMS programs; facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization. The position will champion consistency across the discipline working closely with the Software and Digital Technologies Discipline leads at the Department Level in San Diego, as well as across Mission System E&S regions to ensure reuse, common tools and training/skill development. As a key leader, the role will require technical trouble-shooting and root cause analysis skills with successful performance in bringing broader cross-discipline systems thinking to problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
The position is located in San Diego with occasional local travel to company and customer sites and travel outside of the local area less than 25% for the primary purpose of supporting their assigned direct program.
- Active US Secret Clearance
- 9+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters
- Experience with Digital Technologies Systems, Firmware or Hardware disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving in the discipline
- Experience with VHDL design or using VHDL for verification or digital signals hardware PCB designs
- Experience with collaborating with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to develop and deliver prototype design, build and production test
- Working knowledge and current experience with process based hardware and firmware development and tools
- Proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D and/or functional environments Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with software defined radios and digital signal processing
- Experience with very high speed interfaces, ultra fine-pitch components and advanced manufacturing
- Expertise in multilayer board design, signal integrity, and RF communication systems
- Experience with scripting languages in support
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.