Seeking a detail oriented team player with a love of Microsoft Excel and all things numbers. Great position for recent Grad. Does that sound like you? If so, apply to join our Design, Development and Construction team!
Support the HVMG Design and Construction team in the execution and administration of capital projects, renovations, due-diligence, PIPs and project estimates. Facilitate the capex approval process, draw requests, and owner reporting. Maintain complete and up-to-date project files including project schedules, budgets, and cost reports. Provide administrative support to the Operations leadership team in planning, scheduling, and implementing Operational assignments and projects.
** This is a temporary position- Relocation not provided **
_ (_**_include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)_
** Project Management for PIPs (Property Improvement Plan):
- Assist in the review of Capital Budgets to ensure PIP, Brand and Hotel objectives are captured
- Create Project descriptions, budget line items & PO assignment in CIPAce
- Submit agreements to required Stakeholders and Lenders for approval
- Submit pay applications upon receipt of project funding Support the Project Analyst as needed with review of loan documents and lender requirements to ensure PIP draw requests meet all guidelines and assemble documents as required for agreement exhibits
- Communicate with Lenders & Owners on approval & funding status
- Create draft budgets and update as new proposals/bids are received
- Work with vendors and consultants to ensure accurate pricing and payment requirements are understood and monitor payment due dates
- Generate and process PO’s for approved projects and work with consultants, vendors & hotel staff to procure goods/services
- Provide support as needed in helping to create and edit all Agreement Documents to include, but not limited to, AIA General Contractor Agreement, Contractor’s Consent, AIA Design/Consultant Agreement, Architects Consent, Purchasing Agreement and Project Management Agreement
- Provide support as needed in request of Title Endorsements
- Facilitate the Pay Application Process by reviewing contracts, change orders and budget comparisons
- Update forecast & committed costs as Purchase Orders are approved
- Update Change Order Logs
- Participate in team meetings/conference calls to provide project status updates and issue meeting minutes
- For new build projects, work with task force team to track pre-opening budgets
- Forecast project cash/funding needs (pre-project) to ensure timely processing of capital/renovation invoices
- Prepare and submit project progress reports; Budget, project, Funding and Cash Status
o Descriptive analysis of project budget versus actual (variance)
o Descriptive analysis of project status (concerns, needs, mile stones, progress)
o Descriptive analysis of Escrow Accounts and Project Cash Needs (current/forecast)
o Descriptive analysis of Capital Cash forecast and actual expense (positive/negative)
** Capital Projects:
- Update and report Itemized FF&E schedule to GC/PM to prepare for receipt of goods
- Additional ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Work with properties (GMs, AGMs, Controllers, etc.) & Director of Engineering to monitor approval status of capital purchasing requests. Process approved requests with Purchase Order numbers.
- Receive capital invoices from properties and process for payment via a weekly capital check request process.
- Identify & adhere to state sales/use tax requirements.
- Maintain annual Capital Plans for properties by entering Purchase Order & Invoice information.
- Submit Capital Draw Requests as necessary to ownership.
- Utilize accounting system for basic entries:
- Posting capital invoices for payment
- Reclassify expenses for completed projects from Construction in Progress to Asset Account
- Monitoring balance of capital funding available
- Support Audit Requests when necessary (organize back-up invoices &/or summarize capital General Ledger activity)
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Hospitality Ventures rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
**SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
o Basic familiarity with computer networks and demonstrated problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
o Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
o Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
o Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
o Knowledge of fiscal planning and contract management
o Ability to communicate budget/technical project data using descriptive analysis
o Ability to strategically align project/process recommendations with corporate/brand objectives
o Proficient user of project management platforms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in business or related field.
Hospitality industry experience either corporate/regional or on property.
**_This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time._**
#### An Equal Opportunity Employer
#### We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.