The Corporate Sales Manager will be a professional that possesses a strong work ethic, creative prospecting and networking abilities, and a proven record of accomplishment for nurturing and developing strong relationships with clients, potential clients, and fellow hotel associates. The candidate must possess strong organizational and time management skills since the position reflects both Individual Business Transient and Group Corporate segments. The sales manager will be responsible for sales administration, responding to customer inquiries, and booking meeting/group rooms.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Sales Focus: direct Sales focus in selling properties will be based on the following market segment(s):
- Individual Business Transient
- Group Corporate
- Provide the highest quality service to the customer at all times.
- Weekly Direct Sales Calls in the market(s) outlined above.
- Handle group bookings, inquiries and follow up. This includes customer phone contact, walk-ins, scheduled and unscheduled appointments, obtaining customer requirements, such as rooming lists and meeting details.
- View daily arrival, departures, and in-house guest lists.
- Re-Book all recurring corporate groups in a timely manner
- Track all leads (lost and turndown).
- Develop professional and trusted relationships with existing and new clients. Plan for and execute inside/outside calls, site visits, sales events, receptions, etc. with corporate clients, Third Parties and other intermediaries.
- Conduct research on prior bookings, solicit repeat bookings and manage account relationships.
- Develop and implement specific marketing plans for assigned market segments.
- Identify, research and develop new clients in the local market
- Based on annual revenue and staff, identify research and develop clients from smaller companies as potential clients for negotiated rate contracts.
- Negotiate rates and other clients bookings based on client usage/history, seasonality while keeping Hotel in the top rankings of the competitive set.
- Maintain all account activities; coordinate with rooms division to insure all booking details are complete.
- Participate in scheduled RevMax meetings to review prospects, tentatives and definite and pace to meet sales goals.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings to review policy, procedure, client events, and team discussions.
- Understand full service sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses, and of competitor hotels.
- Communicate all group information to hotel departments to ensure superior execution and customer service to your clients.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the KHG portfolio of hotels, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
· Participates in Manager on Duty program
· Operating the supportive systems, Delphi and or CI/TY and any new systems that are created for this work area.
· Maintaining CTA Certification
· Supporting/Attending charitable/civic events that KHG sponsors
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWDLEGE REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous hotel sales experience (multi-property preferred) and a proven record of accomplishment of consistent success.
- Appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness will be considered.
- Experience with multiple hotel brands (Hilton, IHG, Marriott, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Good understanding of the sales process and passion for business development through direct sales, with proven record of accomplishment for sales success.
- Polished appearance and demeanor, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in representing the hotel within various business settings, and ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
- Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve.
- Delphi and / or CI/TY experience preferred
- MS Office experience a must with focus on Word and Excel
- Computer literacy, with ability to navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel periodically on behalf of the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time