- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Project Management
- ISO 9001
The primary role of the Procurement Engineer is to:
- Lead sourcing efforts to identify alternative and new sources for critical commodities
- Lead activities to research, analyze, plan, and resolve potential risks and opportunities within the supply chain to proactively mitigate risk and realize opportunities
- Lead supplier evaluation activities
- Act as suppliers’ primary point of contact (i.e. technical liaison) to the Chelmsford internal team
- Lead GSC representative for Change Control Board and supplier Corrective Action Board
- Drive timely technical resolution to support all programs
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of the city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined education/experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with RF Hybrid assemblies IAW MIL-STD-883 and/or MIL-STD-750
- Experience working on multi-functional teams
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and RC/CA analysis
- Must be willing to travel domestically
- Good Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening, and presentation) as well as the ability to establish good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of processes and procedures to ensure compliance to specifications, procedures and industry standards (i.e. ISO9001/AS9100/ Mil PRF 38534/AS9102).
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and therefore must be a US Citizen.
- Working knowledge of procurement processes including material acquisition procedures and FAR
- Working knowledge of an MRP system, SAP preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with PCB inspection and fabrication IAW IPC-6012DS and IPC-6018 3A.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.