Office Support Associate, Open Recruitment- FY20 (9680)
Employee Class Description:
CS Salaried Full time
Job Posting Description:
SIUE is pleased to announce open recruitment for Office Support Associate positions. This notice is an Open Recruitment Civil Service posting at SIUE. Open Recruitment indicates an ongoing need to recruit persons interested in this job title. This listing does not represent an actual vacancy; rather it allows interested persons to apply for this title in general.
The Office Support Associate will perform office support tasks requiring knowledge of general office and departmental procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems utilizing various software packages.
An Office Support Associate typically performs but not limited to the following:
- Keyboards documents such as correspondence, monthly reports, speeches, manuscripts and other similar materials while maintaining responsibility for the format and correcting errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Composes correspondence and narrative reports with responsibility of stating factual information regarding regulations and procedures • Answers telephones and provides basic information to visitors/callers upon request.
- Maintains calendar, schedules meetings and appointments and makes changes as needed
- Makes travel arrangements from a predetermined schedule
- Maintains accurate records of unit fiscal transactions
- Creates, updates, revises and retrieves files and records involving cross-filing requirements with responsibility of maintaining accurate and accessible information
- Assigns and reviews work performed by other clerical employees of similar or lower rank
Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the department’s mission and goals. Office Support Specialist positions are held at all three campuses, Edwardsville, East St. Louis and Alton. Please be sure to indicate the campuses you would be willing to work at on your Civil Service application. If your application package is acceptable and you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be eligible to sit for the Civil Service exam to be added to the employment register for current and future vacancies within this job title.
Applicants must submit a completed Civil Service Application, which must include complete employment history, through HireTouch. If you do not possess any employment history, you must indicate this within the employment history section of the application. Your application should reflect all relevant skills and experience related to the minimum qualifications listed for this position. While a resume may be submitted with the application, data for each employer must be listed on this application form. (The words "See Resume" may only be used as a substitute in the section entitled "Specific Duties Performed".) If the application is incomplete you will not be considered for the position as our office will be unable to evaluate your application to determine if you possess the required minimum qualifications.
If qualifying by education or to qualify for a required educational requirement, you must submit your transcripts, including those for SIUE, at the time of application.
Applicants qualifying for Veteran’s preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. For additional information, please visit: Eligibility Criteria and Point Allocation and Proof of Eligibility. Please submit any other licenses or certifications related to the position at the time of application.
To apply for this vacancy, click the “Apply for Position” button at the top of the job description page. This will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account. Only create a new account if you have NEVER done so previously. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete the application process for individual positions. In your HireTouch account, you will upload all necessary documentation as requested above.
For all Civil Service positions, Illinois residency is required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and drug screening prior to an offer of employment. NOTE: Some positions are represented by a union and may require union dues. SIUE offers an exceptional array of benefits to all full-time and part-time (50% or more) employees including medical, dental and life insurance; tuition waivers; financial savings plans; vacation and sick leave; and pension plan as part of a total compensation package to eligible employees.
For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/human-resources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. Work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems.
b. College or university coursework in any curriculum:
FLSA Exemption Status:
- Twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- Twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- Thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
$2,127.83 Monthly, non-negotiable
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date: