- Project Management
- Microsoft Office
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for procurement of goods and services in direct support of our engineering groups and boat building operations. Primary contact with suppliers and internal customers in the areas of supplier performance, disposition of hardware, flow of material to yard, RFQ requests and purchase order placement. Promptly communicate any material shortages or non-conformances and spearhead solutions to mitigate disruption to the production schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE::
- Execute the procurement of goods and services.
- Knowledge of the local/mainland/global maritime business for sourcing of components.
- Understanding of government contracts and purchasing responsibilities related to government contracts.
- Communicate parts availability to internal customers.
- Create purchase orders to meet production dates.
- Resolve receiving discrepancies with the manufacturing location and supplier.
- Expediting - Contact suppliers to determine delivery status of materials.
- Develop cost savings plans.
- Create and administer progress payment forms.
- Execute and monitor RFQ's to the supply base and assist in analyzing the results.
- Participate in Manufacturing, Engineering, and Purchasing meetings.
- Participate in meetings with commodity or sub-contract leads.
- Prepare and analyze quotes.
- Regular attendance is required for the position.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Related experience in procurement under federal government contracts.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required
- Project Management skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- High level professionalism and confidentiality required
This position will be located in Honolulu, HI. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.