Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for driving applicant flow, brand awareness in the community and market area. The role is a brand ambassador of the site and organization. This key role is designed to nurture relationships with candidates, agencies, organizations, internal and external partners, non-profits and companies to build a large scale network that will assist in achieving site recruitment success. The role will help deliver upon both immediate short-term needs and strategic long-term projects. This role is designed to be out in the market area the majority of the time and the other portion driving internal referrals, the site recruitment strategy, administrative duties and site support meetings. This position should cultivate the market area and develop the market radius which may include other towns, municipalities, cities in a designated radius.
This position is critical to overall site success as applicant flow is a leading indicator of recruitment success. The person selected would possess strong communications skills, with the passion and ability to speak to small and large groups alike out the community. The role will assist in developing the sourcing and recruiting strategy to meet hourly (agent) hiring needs for Sitel. The strategy will include driving both passive and active candidates.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years as Talent Acquisition Specialist in BPO or high-volume industries.
- 3-5 years’ experience using staffing tools such as: applicant tracking software, HRIS systems, electronic job boards, social media and candidate sourcing applications
- Time management skills with the ability to manage and coordinate multiple recruitment activities simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to priorities
- Ability to display initiative in sharing of information and updating information timely
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based systems (applicant tracking systems, HRIS, etc.).
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment, including virtual team members, to meet firm deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn system functionality quickly
- Willingness to learn and overcome daily challenges in a fact paced environment
- Maintain up-to-date industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Be able to meet weekly goals and expectations.
- Develop talent acquisition sourcing strategy related to production hiring, recruiting strategies, career fair execution and the candidate experience.
- Partner with business leaders to identify, develop and implement staffing strategies, policies, and programs
- Provide personal, "hands-on" involvement, direction, and support while being accountable for recruitment initiatives and targets
- Developing and implementing an effective recruiting strategy, encompassing recruitment of both active and passive candidates to include utilizing the internet, cold-calling and referrals
- Processing employee applications and conducting in-person interviews to maintain a qualified pool of candidates
- Helping to position the recruiting team to provide high quality, timely and cost-effective recruitment services
- Utilizing social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to drive networking and candidate pool development
- Executing an in-depth understanding of behavioral interviewing skills and candidate evaluation techniques
- Comprehensive and effective utilization of the ATS for sourcing, screening and candidate management
- Develop, monitor and measure all talent acquisition initiatives to ensure trends are identified and addressed, including, but not limited to, turnover and retention