Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking an individual to fill the role of Executive Assistant in our Harris County, TX project office. This position is responsible for the seamless, efficient, effective administrative support to the Program Manager and executive-level staff and the coordination of office work flow. This role is also responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective running of the office. This position requires the ability to communicate and collaborate results driven program management. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to operate with a calm and productive demeanor in a fast paced, demanding environment. Candidates must possess the ability to multitask accurately and meet multiple deadlines as well as high attention to detail and full proficiency in various computer systems, software and tools to provide high quality, effective and efficient administrative support.
- Maintain calendar for executive-level staff, including coordinating meetings for the office and arranging the appropriate communication and collaboration platforms (proficiency and aptitude in current workplace technology, software, and systems is a requirement for this role).
- Maintaining cohesive notes and or taking dictation to support project operations and completion of deliverables
- Follow-up on action items with direct reports on behalf of executive-level staff as required
- Compile & analyze data, and prepares reports and/or recommendations for executive-level staff
- Manages and sets up leadership routines; set up and take down of events, other meetings, coordinates logistics, food and technical coordination; manages various communications on own; some content development for routine meetings; manages feedback and follow-up mechanisms.
- Coordinate meeting logistics both on-site and off-site (e.g., facilities, materials, guestroom facilities, meeting room facilities, audio-visual requirements, food services, billing).
- Schedule and manage travel arrangements (as needed) to include air, hotel, ground transportation
- Develops communication, messages and correspondence with little coaching, or on own for general routines, recognition and external general engagement; handles incoming and outgoing emails.
- Create graphic presentations to include charts logos and scanned images.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with internal individuals/parties in order to meet one's own commitments effectively and efficiently.
- Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Provide guidance to act as a role model for other staff within the program.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Update all project tracking information (i.e., spreadsheets, calendars) to keep team members informed.
- Identify and implement effective processes and procedures within one's area of accountability
- Ability to communicate with others, via telephone, electronically, or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
About Tetra Tech:
- Minimum of three to five years of administrative experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- High School diploma or equivalent; completed coursework from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (i.e. Macros/Pivot tables), advanced level Outlook
- The ability to learn and use Company and/or department-specific databases
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot problems, ask questions for clarification and understand when to escalate
- Able to prioritize competing requirements and/or deadlines and work overtime, as needed
- Ability to work overtime outside of standard workday (M-F 8-5pm) as authorized by direct supervisor
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.