Environmental Scientist - (154269)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Environmental Scientist, we'll count on you to
- Work on a wide variety of environmental compliance and natural resources projects as they relate to water resources, transportation and development projects
- Work under the supervision of mid-level and senior environmental scientist and water resource engineers
- Take responsibility for assisting with environmental permits, NEPA documentation, biological assessments and other environmental compliance documentation
- Assist senior and mid-level scientists in field work associated with the collection of natural resource data
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental studies or closely related field
- Knowledge of wetland delineation, field investigation techniques, and agency coordination requirements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- MS Office experience
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences, environmental sciences or closely related field.
- Training and substantial experience in delineating wetlands and other aquatic resources.
- Botany coursework and field experience.
- Experience in habitat restoration, revegetation, or weed control.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
- Experience in preparing technical documentation or research publications.
- Environmental policy coursework and experience, especially NEPA, ESA and CWA.
- Candidates who reside locally to the Salt Lake city office.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Biological and Ecological Sci
May 8, 2019