This position is responsible for the coordination of clerical functions for the sales support. Working independently with minimal supervision, performs relatively complex administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials and proofreading, verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity. Answers customer inquiries and acts as liaison between customer and sales staff.
- Communicates with regular or prospective customers in person, via telephone, and e-mail.
- Sales-specific responsibilities: prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information. Updates sales reports, weekly and monthly.
- Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and prioritizes, works independently to complete routine department or unit functions and prepare routine correspondence, reports, forms, and the like for review by supervisor.
- Consults with customers, suppliers or other individuals to discuss and to resolve issues for domestic and international quotations.
- Initiates & evaluates part change notices and secures customer approvals as appropriate. Initiates & evaluates sample requests and follows through to customer delivery.
- Assists in quotation process from receipt of RFQ to quotation to customer including price determination. Responsible for quote follow-up and win/loss reporting. Provide historical pricing information for same customer or similar materials. Assist in channel management.
- Assists with annual sales forecast for assigned accounts
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Ensure customer requirements and quality standards are met including but not limited to setting quality objectives, corrective and preventive actions, capacity analysis, logistics information, customer scorecards and portals and maintaining excellent customer relationships and focus.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned. (Also included but not limited to processing annual price reviews and if necessary subsequent price increases; and administration of stainless steel surcharges.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The organization shall maintain documented information that demonstrates that all employees are aware of their impact on product quality and the importance of their activities in achieving, maintaining, and improving quality, including customer requirements and the risks involved for the customer with non-conforming product
If there are gaps within an employee’s competency and job position requirements, then additional training will be evaluated and the employee will be responsible for gaining certification or training as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Position requires a high school diploma and one year of administrative course work or training in office administration; two (2) years of college or business school preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in sales office environment interacting with various levels of management and customers.
- Proficiency in all applicable computer software programs (MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, & Excel), and applications; ERP / Plex experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills; must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
- Analytical ability sufficient to handle most complex administrative functions. Considerable ability to decide on and carry out appropriate course of action in office situations; to compose correspondence; to keep records and prepare reports, and to receive a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Proficiency with numbers, dollars and units of measure.
Wolverine Advanced Materials is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer