The Financial Analyst Sr is responsible for providing financial support to department management, Hospital and Medical Administration, and other users of financial data. Support ranges from analysis of multi-million dollar capital improvement projects to determining the cause of individual account variances.
- Share a role of budget system administrator.
- Prepare departmental operating and/or capital budgets.
- Perform economic analyses related to the acquisition of equipment, establishing new programs, or determining rates for new products.
- Responsible for performing project management and leading special projects.
- Research and resolve inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Review and guide work of Financial Analyst(s).
- Develop effective business case and ROI analyses.
- Analyze departmental financial reports.
- Analyze departmental salary expenses as required to approve the filling of new or existing positions.
- Provide department managers and administrators aid in understanding financial reports, especially those that contain variance information.
- Assist the Budget Director in developing and implementing operating budget programs by making suggestions for improvement.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Recommends solutions and alternatives to presented demands
- 2-3 years of related experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required
- MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands in periods of high stress and demands.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including database management systems, spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics. Familiar with budget system software and Crystal reporting.
- Ability to direct and review work of others.
- Previous experience with medical records systems, billing systems, and other hospital information systems.
- Strong understanding of accounting, both cost and managerial accounting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, plus the ability to present information to varied types of audiences.
- Highly motivated, creative, and independent.
The work location is currently 15500 Lundy Parkway Dearborn, MI 48126 but will be moving to 26935 Northwestern Hwy Southfield, MI 48033