RESPONDING TO THREATS AT HOME AND ABROAD:
The Army National Guard serves in more than 2,000 communities across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Army National Guard has a unique dual mission. Domestically, it serves at a state level to protect communities here at home. The Guard’s federal mission is to support active duty military forces in responding to threats abroad and humanitarian disasters.
Typically, Guard Soldiers live with their families in their homes, rather than on a military base. Service is part-time, allowing Army National Guard Soldiers to pursue their educational and civilian career goals. At a minimum, you would train one weekend a month and two weeks a year.
OVER 150 JOBS. ALL WITH PURPOSE:
As an Army National Guard Soldier, you can choose from more than 150 military jobs, including ones in public affairs, transportation, law enforcement, health care, and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Signing bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance