A bit about Me and My Client:
I am an independent Sr. Recruiter/Headhunter and I am working on an exclusive basis to assist one of my favorite clients, a highly successful MD contracting firm that is the Prime at this large semi-federal site. Seeking a Sr. Security Cloud Eng'r/Ass't Architect w AWS and DevOps to join a team, which is automating/integrating Java Apps and all other technologies into AWS Cloud in an Agile/rapid release, continuous integration (DevOps CI/CD) environment. This is a multi-year project located in Reston, VA.
US CITIZEN or Greed Card/Perm Resident or EAD (sorry, no H1B’s or EAD OPT) and able to work directly for new employer on a W2 Salary (no C2C or 1099’s).
Full, immediate benefits includes: 80% paid major medical, annual bonus, your choice of paid building parking or all subway costs, matched 401K , flex hours.
Looking for a self-motivated Sr Information Security Cloud Engineer/Asst. Architect with a strong understanding of AWS cloud based infrastructure security. Opportunity to work with broad array of modern security services such as IAM, Secrets Management, Encryption/Key Management, Docker Security including ECS/EKS, Security Hub, AWS organizations etc., and other COTS and Open Source enterprise security solutions.
- The candidate will work with Sr Architect to understand requirements, design and implementation of the security solution
- Join AWS Cloud Security Architecture team to constantly innovate and advance security posture of large financial systems using industry best practices and tools.
- Assist Sr Architect to evaluate, architect, design and automate security patterns in applications and tools for AWS cloud infrastructures.
- Also evaluate and prototype enterprise security tools, and architect and engineer their deployment using CI/CD best practices
- Combine multidisciplinary skills of information security, automation, AWS infrastructure and DevOps in AWS environment.
- Responsible for supporting the needs of implementing information security controls, monitoring and compliance for a financial platform hosted on AWS cloud.
- The resource will support the implementation of AWS organizations, IAM policies and AWS network architecture including VPCs, Subnets, Direct Connect, VPNs and Firewalls
- Responsible for AWS infrastructure and application monitoring and compliance management
- Develop and enhance Python scripts and automation solutions for information security features
* Must have at least 8+ years of overall IT experience
* 4+ years experience with AWS application security by implementing, managing and supporting the environment in Agile enterprise application development
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or any related technical field a plus (will consider others) OR equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrates technical proficiency and knowledge in any of the following: information assurance, network security, computer information systems, computer science, or management information systems
* Familiarity with information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks (NIST 800-53, FISMA).
* Demonstrates hands-on experience with Active Directory and security monitoring tools
* Knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS -based solutions and operating systems from Redhat and Microsoft.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written skills with the ability to influence peers and management to fulfill program objectives.
* Solid Python automation coding a must (“moderate” ability will be considered)
Desired Skills: (any a plus)
1) Network security experience in any one or more focus areas below:
- AWS (WAF, NSGs, NACL)
- Cisco ASA
- Palo Alto
2) Scripting or programming capabilities with any of the following:
- Python (a must)
3) Security Engineering discipline with any integrating tools such as:
- twist lock
- Guard duty
- AWS Secrets Manager
* Experience with PKI certificate and key life cycle management
* Hands on experience with AWS CloudFormation and AWS SDKs in Python and/or Java
* DevOps Security
*Experience in security engineering for financial platforms is a plus
* CISSP, CISM Certification
If you have potential interest please send resume and/or contact me.
President and Sr. Recruiter
Career Strategies, Inc.
Virtual Recruiting Consulting
ofc.: 571-236-1775 in MD
"Give yourself the gift of work that inspires you!"
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- CI/CD & DevOps automation processes: 4 years (Required)
- AWS security for applications and systems: 4 years (Required)
- recent Python: 2 years (Required)
- overall IT: 8 years (Required)
- Citizen or Gr Card or PR or EAD (no H1b's or EAD OPT)) (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply