The Bridge, a nonprofit social service agency, provides comprehensive rehabilitation services, including housing and behavioral health treatment, to vulnerable New Yorkers. With over 40 programs in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx, The Bridge serves more than 2,800 people annually. Please visit us on the web: www.thebridgeny.org to learn more about our agency. The Bridge is seeking an Intern and Volunteer Coordinator to join its elite Administration team.
- Assist with managing the intern / recruitment program; work closely with Human Resources to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and requirements such as completion of required background and providing timely status updates for removal from background checking system; drafting internship job descriptions; complete preliminary screening for new volunteers/interns.
- Research the need for volunteers and interns throughout the agency and make match recommendations; assist with scheduling and preparing for new volunteer orientations, intern trainings, and recognition events; conduct new intern reference checks; coordinate with HR, Billing, and IT to ensure all volunteer and intern onboarding is completed and relevant paperwork is received; ensure all interns are matched with appropriate supervision groups; assist with providing interns/volunteers with ongoing support, supervision, and evaluations; maintain databases and spreadsheets related to volunteer and intern data and placement office contact information as well as volunteer and intern personnel file.
- Address volunteer-related inquiries and complaints, under the supervision of the Administrative Services Director; coordinate and attend volunteer events at agency program locations; update agency website pages and other communications materials related to volunteering, interning, and the Junior Board; help plan and execute Junior Board volunteer days and fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or two years of relevant experience required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or SquareSpace a plus
- Volunteer coordination or event planning experience a plus
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job – occasional evenings/weekends may be required.
Job Type: Full-time