ABB is seeking a Business Development Manager for it's Raleigh, NC location. You will manage the development of domestic and/or international business involving such matters as commercial agreements, proposal development, pricing development, risk assessment and sales strategies, and resolve related, highly controversial matters. Ensure that firm bids are competitively priced and orders received are at acceptable profit levels. Serve as business consultant to senior managers, project participants and customers. Foster and direct the implementation of aggressive measures to achieve cost savings and ensure customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities for business development may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage or perform activities to identify and develop new, major business opportunities utilizing ABB's resources and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets worldwide.
- Lead and/or participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers, and assign territorial responsibilities, as applicable.
- Direct, motivate, guide and develop less experienced managers and sales representatives, and assist them with complex customer negotiations and sales strategies.
- Participate in and play a major role in devising business development strategies, master plans and schedules and in their execution.
- Direct the evaluation of contract implications and risks, development of estimates, target pricing and preparation of proposals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor project activity to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop business relationships with customers' executives, inform them of ABB's technological developments and new products, and assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
- Conduct high-level negotiations to accomplish desired results.
- Introduce strategies designed to ensure awareness of market opportunities and influence product development, to achieve long-range business objectives while minimizing potential for losses.
- Lead reviews to determine commercial viability of products, resource requirements and potential risks. Influence decisions that may have major impact on the organization's future business, market share and financial results.
- Provide guidance and training to staff, establish standards, manage and document performance and develop associated recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or business related field and 12 or more years of sales, proposals or business development experience in power industry; OR
- Master's degree in engineering, or business related field and 10 years of sales, proposals or business development experience in power industry.
Alternatively, this position may be filled at the senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or business related field and 16 years of experience in engineering, or business related of sales, proposals or business development experience in power industry -OR-
- Master's degree in engineering, or business related field and 14 years of sales, proposals or business development experience in power industry.
- High Voltage substation experience. Post graduate management courses
- Detailed information pertaining to a particular job assignment is developed in conjunction with the annual performance management process
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Business Unit Grid Integration
Date posted 2018-08-10
Job Function Sales
Publication ID US65870531_E3