!! HIRING EVENT !!
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 ~ 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
The Proud Bird: 11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045
WALK-INS ARE WELCOME OR VISIT WESCOSPECIALIST.COM TO REGISTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- MUST BRING PRINTED RESUME
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS
SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION DISPATCHER
Wesco Specialist, Inc. is seeking a dutydispatcher who will be responsible for providing dispatch support by ensuring drivers are effectively on time between Hotel and LAX Terminals. Coordinates resources according to job demands by communicating assignments to employees. Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, managers, etc. This position will support managers and staff through a variety of tasks related to our transportation service.
- Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers, and assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes
- Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers and bus assistants are assigned and accomplished on time.
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution including informing drivers of inclement weather, possible hazards
- Assist drivers with routing directions and direct them to perform special services when required.
- Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route.
- Notifies personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns, or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Maintains route documentation and records for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers.
- Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with the Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate. Informing of any issues out of the ordinary that may need additional assistance.
- Maintains periodic contact with personnel to ensure completion of assigned duties
- Confers with management and/or clients to address questions and/or problems.
- Additional assignments as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in administrative management or equivalent.
- Commercial License Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to problem solve/think strategically
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and enter data.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a business telephone in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to follow directions and work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in a fast-paced and/or stressful environment
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows-based computer operations systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
6 Sick days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Inglewood, CA 90301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Required)
- Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement (Required)
Work Location: In person