Please note: both the "Work Motivation" (< 6 min)and the "Teamwork: Interpersonal Skills" (< 8 min) tests are highly recommended to get a serious look at your application. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
The Institute for Organizational Mindfulness is a new non-profit association, with a mission to bring neuroscience and performance-focused mindfulness into the business, educational and government mainstream. We need some great people to help us with our mission!
- Reach out and raise awareness of science-based mindfulness
- Build local, national and global communities of interest
- Organize workgroups and committees
- Build partnerships and channels
Why it Matters
This year has taken thousands of companies and millions of people into crisis. Leaders everywhere are struggling to keep their best people focused and productive in the midst of massive change and uncertainty.
Companies need help — right now — with tools and training to reduce acute stress, anxiety, and distraction in the workforce — and to diminish the bias, tension and conflict in the workplace. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the simplest way to get there is through mindfulness training.
We are a non-profit startup focused on bringing science-based mindfulness into global organizations - and we stand at the precipice of helping a countless number of people become healthier, happier, higher-performing and more productive through this unprecedented time.
Let’s give companies the tools to detoxify the workplace, and really make a difference together!
Please Note: IOM Internships are full-time, unpaid, and run for a minimum of 90 days (though we do have some flexibility on that timing). We’re happy to work with your school to make sure you receive maximum credits.
- We aim for really smart, really ambitious, and really fun people to work with
- We’re a fast-moving startup, so flexibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes, are key
- This is a virtual role, so you’ll need a good computer, good internet and a good place to work
- A passion for people, performance and the future of work
- If you don’t want to change the world, this isn’t the internship for you
- What they don’t teach you in school
- About the neuroscience-based, performance-focused mindfulness movement
- About leadership, human capital management and organizational development
- From the ground up, in a bootstrapping non-profit with a global mission
- From a team who have taken multiple companies from a startup into the Fortune 500
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you currently or would otherwise be (because of COVID) enrolled as a full time college student?
Yes or no will suffice
- Only full-time employees eligible