Responsible for providing outreach assistance to HAPI HHAs who are looking to expand
their knowledge base. Will connect HHAs to educational enhancement programs and career
development opportunities. This position will also provide insight and connections to social
services within the community. The goal of the position is to address barriers that can impact
a HHAs ability to sustain employment and improve job performance.
Position is part time, Monday to Wednesday, 9am-5pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connect Home Health Aides with education opportunities within the community such as, but not limited to high school GED; HHA to C.N.A. conversion and English enhancement programs. Connect Home Health Aides with education opportunities within the community such as, but not limited to high school GED; HHA to C.N.A. conversion and English enhancement programs
- Provide information to HHAs on how to locate and enroll in various community outreach programs such as, but not limited to child care services, food pantries, housing services and food stamps.
- Assists in completing required paperwork by various agencies in order for HHAs to maintain or receive any social services or assistance.
- Maintain records of services provided, and outcomes obtained.
- Prepares program reports and compiles/maintains statistical data.
- Is able to verbalize and present Services provided by The Berman Program in/to a variety of settings and audiences.
- Provides Psycho-Social services and support to HHAs and other staff.
- PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED AT TIMES OF EMERGENCY, OR AT REQUEST OF AGENCY DIRECTOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service discipline such as social work, counseling, mental health, health education and public health, or related.
- Office experience or customer service experience.
- Knowledge of government assistance and services, organizations, and websites
- Knowledge of personal computers and windows operations required.
- Must be able to efficiently and productively communicate with a large Spanish speaking Community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage stress.
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills.
- Demonstrates effective telephone etiquette.
- Is detail oriented (documentation is timely, complete, and accurate).
- Is able to anticipate problems that may occur and is proactive in preventing them.
- Is able to strategize, be creative, and resourceful.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)