Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Position supports Front Office and requires daily interaction with senior leadership. Maintain MS Outlook Calendars and provide timely updates when meetings rescheduled or cancelled. Ability to triage email inboxes for high priority or urgent messages. Ability to learn customer leadership in order to properly address and advise chiefs when senior leadership needs their engagement. Excellent oral and written communications skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine or highly complex questions in a clear, concise manner. Extensive knowledge of MS Office and ability to quickly learn directorate level customer tools needed. Extensive knowledge of how to use IT systems both commercial and customer and the proper security procedures associated with internet use.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.