*Caretti Restoration and Preservation Services, LLC is based in Berwick, PA and is considered a top masonry restoration services provider.
Role Title: Estimator /Project Manager
Accountable Manager: Restoration Vice President
General Description: prepares and submits quality and financially-sound proposals; manages project purchasing and submittals; leads Foremen and employees to successfully complete projects on-time, within budget, error-free and safely.
Essential Role Accountabilities:
- Learns of new R&P projects from multiple sources and performs Pre-Bid analysis with manager to decide whether or not to formally pursue project.
- Reviews architectural drawings and other documents to identify and resolve inconsistencies on bid drawings, specifications and front-end documents for contractual risks.
- Visits and evaluates project site.
- Develops estimates based upon quantity surveys and pricing of labor, materials and equipment.
- Solicits prices for materials and sub-contracted work.
- Reviews bid proposals with manager; upon manager approval, formally submits bids.
- Manages receipt of bid-day price quotes.
- Commits vendors to projects.
- Reviews awarded contract scope, schedule and specifications to ensure agreement with GC/Owner; resolves issues, if necessary.
- Attends post-bid reviews with customers.
- Obtains a project number from Accounts Receivable, completes a New Job Setup Sheet, and creates/manages a new job file.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings of awarded projects with Foremen and others.
- Maintains and secures all bid documents until contract is executed.
- Writes subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders, if necessary, and distributes to Foremen and Accounting.
- Orders required materials/tools/equipment.
- Selects Foremen and employees for specific jobs.
- Develops and manages to an overall project plan which includes: site logistics, equipment and materials requirements, safety, production, change orders, etc.
- Visits job sites to personally check status of projects and interact with Foremen, employees, other trade representatives and customers.
- Reviews weekly production reports and requisitions and updates project status chart.
- Coaches Foremen to efficiently manage allocation of labor, equipment and materials to bring about maximum profitability on jobs without sacrificing quality.
- Monitors jobsite safety conditions and practices to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Completes post-project reviews with appropriate employees to identify best practices.
Requirements Skills/Knowledge/Education Required:
- Practical Construction Experience: unit masonry, stone masonry, dimensional stone, rubble stone, structural masonry, veneer.
- Current knowledge of construction standards, practices, techniques, building codes, and technology.
- Microsoft Office required, Excel proficiency.
- Minimum 10 years or more of work experience in masonry and/or restoration construction estimating.
- Ability to manage multiple bid/work projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
This role prepares and submits bid estimates for jobs and then project manages the job to include material, equipment and manpower. This is a customer-facing role so previous business development experience will help.
The person performing this role will be required to work out of the Berwick, PA office a few days a week while traveling other days to job sites and meeting customers. There is NO requirement to live in Berwick, PA.
Carertti offers full benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K plan with employer contributions. This role also provides a company vehicle, phone, computer and credit card.
Please, no phone calls to company offices.
Job Type: Full-time
- Masonry Restoration Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- masonry restoration/preservation: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts