General Description: The Corp AC Staff Accountant – Company Payables is responsible for processing company payables and completing monthly reconciliations for the Corporate Accounting Center.
- Review premium amounts payable to carriers and process payment.
- Process “Account Current” payments on a strict deadline.
- Complete Cash Advance Reports.
- Process Premium Financing Contracts.
- Prepare quarterly and annual surplus lines tax filing.
- Process returned premium checks.
- Prepare month end reconciliations for carrier payable and research any discrepancies.
- Review and reconcile account currents and carrier statements.
- Complete month-end reports on a strict deadline.
- Assist insurers in resolving outstanding balances and reconciliations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or 2 years of accounting required; BA/BS a plus
- Experience in either Insurance Carrier or Insurance Brokerage payables or Account Management required
- Knowledge of general accounting
- MS Office and Excel proficiency required
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
- Organized self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information
Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal noise and limited to no exposure to chemicals or toxins. Employees operate office equipment including; telephone - headset, Computer, computer monitors, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner and mail machine. Physical tasks of job include; walking, sitting, standing, bending and fingering.
Analysis of Physical Demands:
- Constantly (over 66% of time) work performed requires employees to use repetitive hand motions such as fingering, using a keyboard, and sitting at a desk.
- Frequently (34%-66% of time) work performed requires employees to handle and grasp things, walk on normal surfaces, stand and bend.
- Occasionally (1%-33% of time) work performed requires employees to drive to client appointments, have repetitive foot movements, walk on uneven or slippery surfaces to and from work and occasionally reach outward to grab things and bend.
- Rarely (< than 1 hour per week) work performed requires Lifting/Carrying items that range from 10-50lbs, pushing/pulling items that range from 10-50lbs, twisting/ turning including reaching over shoulder or above head , kneeling or squatting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)