Please read the FULL Job Description!
Please apply in person at either our Levelland Campus at 1313 West Washington or our Lubbock Office at 2526 82nd Street.
You will need to provide your Driver's License, Social Security Card, and a copy or picture of your College Degree.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
- Completes all assigned paperwork, submitting for review to the Clinical Director prior to the assigned deadline, making changes when requested, and filing originals in each client's chart.
- Ability to learn and follow TF-CBT from the Clinical Director, and the ability to assist the Clinical Director in ensuring the implementation of the philosophy in the client's care.
- Frequently audits and manages each client's electronic records, monitoring medical needs from application for admission until discharge. Meets with the Clinical Director prior to each Treatment Plan Staffing to review clinical goals and revise rough draft of treatment plan.
- Holds treatment plan reviews with the client, the managing conservator, and the treatment team within 72 hours of admission, 30 days after admission, and every 90 days thereafter.
- Ensures that all electronic files are submitted by the deadlines required by Children’s Hope Policy and DFPS minimum licensing standards, submitting the preliminary electronic copy to the Clinical Director for approval.
- Performs medication administration as directed.
- Attends meetings regarding the client's care.
- Maintains current First Aid/CPR and SAMA training as well as 50 hours a year of training relating to job duties.
- Serves as the liaison between the agency and DFPS or other managing conservator as well as to the client’s school district, CASA, and other involved agencies.
- Notifies Managing Conservators of Serious Incidents by the deadlines required by DFPS minimum licensing standards,
- Supervises client visits and phone calls with their parents or other contacts approved by the managing conservator as needed and documents visits and calls in case contact notes.
- Reports immediately suspected child abuse or possible first outcries of past abuse of the clients to the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and to the office of the CEO. Calls the 1-800 Texas Abuse & Neglect Hotline to report the suspect abuse or first outcry. If the CEO is not immediately available then the Case Manager is responsible to share the information with an employee who reports to the CEO, such as the Administrator.
- Interacts with clients on the unit and during outside activities, assisting Direct Care Providers with crisis situations as needed.
- Prepares monthly progress reports for managing as requested.
- Assists with consulting psychiatrist as needed.
- Consults with Clinical Director, Direct Care Providers and the Administrator regarding the needs of the clients, including medical needs.
- Transports clients to outside appointments and events as needed
- Holds a discharge planning meeting at least 30 days prior to the client's estimated graduation from the program and completes a discharge summary, maintaining a copy for the client's chart and giving a copy to the managing conservator at or within 10 business days of discharge.
- Performs others assignments and duties as requested.
- Maintains compliance with all Children's Hope policies, procedures, and requirements; maintains compliance will federal and states laws; maintains compliance with all regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Transports client to and from local and long-range visits as needed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the above responsibilities/tasks of the job.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequences.
- Exercises patience, tactfulness, initiative, judgment, and prudence in confidentiality (following established guidelines as well as in being respectful of clients, other agencies, and co-workers).
- Personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of the employees and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Requires basic understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Involves ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables. Knowledge normally associated with attainment of a Bachelor's degree with applicable major.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required, some graduate work in applicable area preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, computer experience preferred.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle(s), with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable, must be eligible to be insures under Children's Hope insurance policy.
- Ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative; and ability to differentiate tones and volumes in conversations.
- Ability to observe and make accurate assessments of situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations; ability to respond in crisis situations.
- Sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease of skin lesion, for the duration of communicability.
- Work deals mostly with the areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, client records, reports, visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near the observer.
- Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to a small amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including people. Work can be done while sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally.
- Ability to be on-call as assigned.
- Experience preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly