About SJV: Since 1998, our mission is to be the premier Global Solutions Provider to the Pre-Employment and Tenant Screening industries. We aim to deliver fast, accurate, and affordable solutions, helping our clients make the best hiring and tenant placement decisions possible, with the goal of ensuring a safer home and work environment. SJV is the premier information supply chain to the background screening industry.
About the Position: A full-time position researching public records in order to determine if an applicant has a criminal or civil record. Court Researchers are expected to become experts in the public records of the jurisdictions they search. As a Court Researcher, you must also demonstrate a consistent level of quality and time service based on strategic corporate goals. This position would require travel to courts in Cook, Illinois and potentially courts of surrounding areas on a daily basis. This position may require someone to stand for extended periods of time, travel between various court locations, and be able to report information in a timely and accurate manner.
We are searching for candidates who can travel to the Courthouses in the Chicago area throughout the week.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately report criminal and civil record information in a timely manner
- Research information on the public record index at court in order to provide results based on identifying data of each subject
- Conduct research via online portals.
- Communicate with and establish positive working relationship with all court personnel
- Proactively communicate with Vendor Relations Supervisor all court holidays and other court closures/delays
- Create and maintain an open flow of communication across all departments
- Maintain Quality and TAT standards set by SJV
- Act as a back-up for other Proprietary Researchers in your area
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager and Vendor Relations Supervisor on any quality or trending issues
- Assist in the ordering and fulfillment of all court copy requests
- Show a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and to grow with the company
- Traveling to and from the County Court on a daily basis is required in order to perform your daily responsibilities
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Basic knowledge of computer functions, strong typing skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work well with limited supervision
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to perform at a high level to meet deadlines and volume demands while maintaining accuracy
- Must have access to reliable transportation daily
- Must have access to high-speed internet and computer from home
- Must complete introductory training
- Must be able to pass a typing test of 45wpm with 90% accuracy
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Knowledge of court system and court terminology
- Must be able to constantly drive/travel by car and walk to and from different court locations in changing weather
- Must be able to constantly navigate to and from court locations, sometimes for long distances and in changing weather
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to navigate through metal detector machines
- Must be able to carry around personal work equipment such as a laptop, tablet, phone, etc.
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as a keyboard, phone, computer, copier, fax machine and printer
- Must be able to frequently communication with and listen to other SJV employees, vendors and court personnel
- Must be able to work under various conditions such as load noises or distractions
- Must be able to occasionally move, crouch, bend, lift and carry no more than 20 pounds
- Must be able to view multiple monitors for extended periods of time and visually determine accuracy, details and transcribe data in close proximity of computer software
- Must be able to occasionally travel by air and walk to and from location in changing weather
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Research: 1 year (Required)
- Criminal Justice: 1 year (Required)