Progeny has an opening for a mid level software engineer to join a small team developing and integrating software for a high speed data collection system deployed at various Naval ships and facilities. This role requires strong object oriented programming skills in multi-threaded and distributed applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking candidates excited to:
- Work cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
- Design and develop new functionality and apply new technologies to existing functionality
- Maintain existing software and integrate new software into existing subsystems – including refactoring to modernize implementations
- Learn quickly and adapt to a wide variety of technologies and tasks that a small team affords
- Support hardware integration including hardware (RAID, network, etc.) and operating system adjustments to achieve optimal performance for high bandwidth recording
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem analysis and debugging skills in a system–of–systems environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Object Oriented Programming in Java or C++ and C programming experience for high speed data interfaces
- Multithreaded programming
- Networking protocols and socket programming
- Development background in Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Experience using eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
- DDS protocol experience desired, but not required
- Experience with Versioning Control systems
BS in Computer Science or similar degree
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)