The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing, partnering and overseeing operations, functional and global departmental areas to achieve corporate HR objectives pertaining to attracting, developing and retaining associates. In addition, the manager provides leadership to a team of HR professionals, acting as a change catalyst and driving the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Approximate # of direct reports:
- Directly responsible for an HR team consisting of HR site managers, Senior HR Business Partners, HR Business Partners and HR administrators across the entire manufacturing and office footprint of the organization
- Responsible for functioning as the key business partner to senior leadership at both the executive and director levels
- Responsible for partnering with HR customers to develop and execute a strategy to drive the full life cycle of talent management
- Responsible for indirect leadership for HR directors or managers at international locations
- Develop specific department objectives to support the company’s business goals, create action plans, and monitor progress to ensure expected results
- Establish and maintain exceptional working relationships with all levels of HR customers
- Facilitate and maintain the merit planning (hourly / salaried) to ensure fair and equitable pay utilizing corporate guidelines
- Manage staffing requirements for service and functional groups by coordinating the execution of resources and support for recruiting activities while emphasizing the equal importance of business results and competency development
- Coordinate Affirmative Action plans are in place and in compliance
- Coach management team members on associate development, including performance management
- Support departmental plans (focus groups, team meetings, actions) to address associate survey results and promote continuous improvement within the areas
- Provide subject matter expertise on organizational and talent reviews for the service and functional groups
- Coach management teams on associate development, including performance management and disciplinary actions
- Ensure site and functional area decisions are handled fairly and consistently and are in line with corporate policies and goals
- Ensure the communication of information regarding corporate programs or announcements occurs in a timely, clear, and concise manner (benefits, training, organizational development)
- Enhance and drive for efficiencies across the departmental areas of HR support specific to attracting, developing and retaining Swagelok associates
- Provide relevant talent management measures to enable business decision making
Direct Reports: 8-10; Indirect Reports: 1-4
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree is required (concentration in human resources/labor relations, psychology or business is preferred)
7+ years of human resources management experience leading a team if HR direct reports required with manufacturing experience as a plus. Strong computer software skills (i.e. MS Office, Org Plus, etc.), interviewing, facilitation, and presentation skills.
Must be able to resolve conflict, problem solve and manage relationships with broad human resources knowledge. Exceptional customer service, sense of urgency, ownership, and detail orientation are required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required to engage executive leadership and all associates.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.