Claims Adjuster Trainee - San Diego
Our Claims Adjuster Trainees help our customers get back on the road after an accident. This can be a stressful time for our customers, so we're looking for people with a passion for helping others.
As a Claims Adjuster Trainee, you'll have the opportunity to put your customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills to good use. From an office environment and primarily via phone, you'll gather details, investigate accidents, and manage the claims process.
We'll teach you the insurance stuff-you'll start out with two weeks of training where you'll learn about insurance contracts and property damage. We just ask that you be willing to work hard in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. In exchange, we'll give you some pretty nice perks.
$49,500, plus an annual gainshare bonus of up to 16% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine liability (who's at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers
- Bachelor's degree or a combined total of five years of work experience and/or college education
- Work or educational experience must include:
o Making decisions
o Solving problems
o Planning, prioritizing and organizing
o Effectively communicating verbally and in writing
o Customer service
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
- Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Wellness program with discounts & rewards
- Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity Employer
United States-California-San Diego
Work From Home (100%):