The Human Resources Manager is responsible for aligning business objectives within the Store Support Center to HR department resources. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively within our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the Human Resource functions for the company
- Participates in policy and decision-making at the executive management level regarding proposed programs addressing human resource needs
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to department management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- The Manager HR will be expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers and to proactively provide ideas and solutions for all user groups to enhance performance through better use of recruitment, training, and performance appraisal processes and policies. Ensures prompt and professional response to all requests for employee relations, guidance and assistance.
- Help create possibilities for internal candidates to be promoted internally by getting them cross-trained within their scope of capabilities etc.
- Develops and maintains method by which to communicate HR policies and procedures effecting internal and external business practices to assigned business areas. Acts a liaison between business partners and support departments. Troubleshoots breakdowns in communication and work processes.
- Ensures prompt and professional follow-through on all matters related to benefits, payroll, and regulatory compliance (EEOA, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, Workers' Compensation Act, NLRA, applicable State labor laws, etc.)
- Ensures prompt and professional response to all requests for employee relations guidance/assistance. Provides interactive guidance.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)