The Area Supervisor position will oversee all cleaning activities within the designated territories. The primary purpose of this role is to provide thorough supervision and monitoring of all employees within the territories, in addition to ensuring all work performed conforms with the contractual specifications. The Area Supervisor will be required to motivate their team members and must have the ability to lead by example. The Area Supervisor must also be able to prioritize tasks to ensure their time is spent most effectively. The Area Supervisor will be required to inventory products and equipment on a regular basis and immediately report any issues to the office.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Supervise and coordinate all activities of all assigned employees.
2. Assign and monitor tasks within the required specifications and standards.
3. Possess a thorough understanding of the customers.
4. Perform routine quality control audits/inspections at customer locations and reporting findings.
5. Maintain required staff coverage for all shifts and locations.
6. Responsible for conducting initial new hire training.
7. Serve as Field liaison to Human Resources and provide the necessary support in managing the labor force (disciplinary action, recruiting, on-boarding, terminations, etc.)
8. Ensure all cleaner/utility closets are adequately stocked with supplies and equipment.
9. Ensure all duties performed and equipment used are conformity with Safety and OSHA standards.
10. Responsible for performance management and adherence to budgets; both labor and supplies, which includes routine review and monitoring of employee time cards for completion and accuracy.
11. Ensure all customer complaints/issues are adequately resolved in a timely manner.
12. Work collaboratively with Account Executive to ensure all action items are prioritized accordingly.
13. Develop and encourage best practices.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Ability to communicate effectively and provide clear instructions.
2. Prioritization and Organizational skills.
3. Decision Making and Problem Solving.
4. Ownership of assigned tasks and willingness to step in where necessary.
5. Extensive knowledge of all janitorial equipment, such as floor buffers, carpet extractors, auto scrubbers, vacuums.
6. Extensive knowledge of cleaning practices and applications, such as the various cleaning compounds and solutions, sanitizing, stripping and waxing compounds and agents.
7. Knowledge of building and facility security procedures and guidelines.
8. Knowledge and awareness of occupational hazards.
9. Bi-lingual (Spanish) required.
This position requires supervision of front line employees.
This position operates in several professional environments. This role routinely uses commercial cleaning equipment, such vacuums, buffers, extractors, scrubber, in addition to standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May also be required to wear a hip/backpack vacuum. The employee may also perform repetitive bending and lifting actions, in addition to repetitive arm movements. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are contingent upon hours in which designated customer needs exist; however, generally are between 3pm to 11 pm. There may be instances where assistance is needed on a weekend; however, the position is flexible to accommodate such. Employee required to keep a detailed record of activities.
This position requires up to 75% travel, all of which is driving and is within a geographically reasonable territory. Must provide own reliable transportation and maintain up to date registration and insurance (limits to be approved by employer). Annual DMV driving record will be checked by employer.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. A minimum of 2 year of experience in the janitorial/commercial cleaning industry.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Experience as a Utility cleaner a plus.
4. Prior supervisory experience a plus.
Haga clic en la palabra "more" para Español.
Building One is a full-service janitorial and maintenance company providing the products and services to meet the needs of Professional Property and Facility Managers. Our expertise covers the full range of commercial properties. Our staff and supervision are highly trained and current on “GREEN CLEANING” products and procedures. Each facility is supplied with on-site supervision and a chain of responsibility to insure strict quality control.
Our attention to detail, high standards and cooperative attitude have rewarded us with lasting relationships that form the foundation of our success.
As we continue to grow and prosper, the Building One team is seeking caring, motivated, detail-oriented individuals to join our team.
Building One es una empresa de servicio completo de limpieza y mantenimiento que proporciona productos y servicios para satisfacer las necesidades de los administradores de propiedades y profesionales de mantenimiento. Somos los expertos en propiedades comerciales. Nuestro personal y supervisión están altamente capacitados y actualizados en los productos y procedimientos de "LIMPIEZA VERDE". Cada edificio tiene un supervisiór en el sitio de trabajo y una cadena de responsabilidad para asegurar el control de calidad estricto.
Nuestra atención al detalle, los altos estándares y la actitud cooperativa nos han recompensado con relaciones de largo plazo que forman la base de nuestro éxito.
A medida que continuamos creciendo y prosperando, el equipo de Building One busca personas interesadas, motivadas y orientadas al detalle para unirse a nuestro equipo.
Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check