- Embedded Software
Are you interested in solving dynamic cybersecurity problems? Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data that is constantly growing? Come join Cisco’s Talos Research & Intelligence organization as we develop and innovate critical software pieces of our security backend systems by the best and brightest engineers.
The Talos Backend Software DevOps organization plays a pivotal role in providing critical security intelligence, data, and tools to both the research teams and Cisco security email, web, and firewall products to protect our enterprise customers from cyberattacks.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and versatile team working on new and exciting challenges in the next generation security backend space. Qualified candidates will possess broad interest and knowledge in various disciplines, including QA experience with embedded software applications, databases, large data sets and performance optimizations.
You will be responsible for leading the QA effort in a new DevOps team in our security backend organization to ensure software quality, delivery, and maintenance during the product life-cycle. Project delivery requires adherence to effective delivery processes, specifically Cisco Agile. You are required to collaborate with a wide range of cross-functional teams, both within and outside the organization, including but not limited to program management, architecture, infrastructure, deployment, and support teams during all phases of the software application life cycle.
Our QA Engineers test code both manually and with automated tools. QA Engineers are also responsible for application deployments and support of production issues with our Ops engineers. We solve complex testing challenges with scripting as well as 3rd party tools. We work closely with development and operations to review and guide technical implementations, product testability, and product deployments.
- Be part of a DevOps team that consists of software developers, QA engineers, and Ops engineers to execute software development efforts for the backend systems
- Create test plans, test automations, deployment documentation, and troubleshooting guides
- Experience in writing clear and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Validate and provide bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
- Develop expertise in the features/product areas owned by your team
- Own the QA process in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and be part of the design and architecture of the next generation security backend applications
- Configure test environments and deploy product builds using Ansible or Puppet
- Represent quality and help perpetuate a culture of innovation, execution, and excellence
Candidate will need to be located in San Jose, CA
Required Education and/or Skills:
- At least 8 years or more QA experience in a software company
- At least a BS in a highly technical field, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience (CS/CE ideal)
- Strong DB and scripting skills (Python/Perl/Shell)
- Strong UNIX skills in both FreeBSD and Linux environments
- Comfortable with networking concepts (DNS, Load Balancer, TCP/IP)
- Ability to understand technical specifications and provide feedback
- Self-Motivated and a good team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Machine Learning and Big data experience a big plus
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with security software QA (Web or email security a big plus)