The Network Engineer will assist in the design, development, and test of the on-board data networks (primary & utility) for the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) Command & Data Handling System. Specific tasks include engineering documentation (Specifications, Statement of Work, Deliverables List, Network Tables, etc), system integration, subcontractor oversight, customer interface, and technical support to to Orion Test Labs and MPCV build and test. Ability and desire to perform as a Delegate Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) leading to CPE certification. Periodic domestic travel may be required.
Desired Skills: 1) Skills to design and maintain computer networks (LANS, WANS, intranets & extranets) for a Human Rated Space Vehicle
2) Skills to analyze communications, understand hardware & software required, and create plans for network growth
3) Presentation skills including to Program Management and NASA customer
4) Emphasis on Network Security & Data Integrity
5) Involvement with all aspects of the OSI model with emphasis on Layers 1,2, and 3. Layer 1 Physical Layer skills are required.
6) Time multiplexing, system integration, software development and data base skills are desired.
1) BS Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related degree
2) Strong oral and written communication skills
3) Demonstrated problem solving skills
4) Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team environment
5) Knowledge of computer networks, routers, switches, and data protcols
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.